Monday, March 7, 2011

It Feels Like Home

A year I moved into my apartment on the UES of the city. Since college, I've gotten into this rut of not putting enough effort into making my apartments feel homey. I supposed it's the idea of thinking that it's a temporary space, so why bother. Well I've decided enough is enough and it's time to make my apartment feel like my home. Below are images, items, colors, patterns that I'm using as a source of inspiration.

1. I love everything about this room. The pink with white molding, the table and LOVE the mix of patterns.

Image via House Beautiful


2. House Beautiful's current pink issue is amazingly gorgeous. These walls are so unapologetically pink!



Image via House Beautiful

3. Urban Outfitters Slipper Chair - Turquoise Ikat $329
4. I'm not usually one for abstract art, or at least I didn't think I was. I came across Sally Benedict's painting while flipping through a magazine and her work changed my mind. There's something about the colors and paint strokes that is both energetic and calming at the same time.

Image via Sally Benedict.com

5. There's something very adult to me about having a small bar ready and waiting to entertain. I want one!
Image via LonnyMag.com

No comments: